Thread: Which Blower?? Maruyama, Echo, Stihl

Which Blower?? Maruyama, Echo, Stihl

Out of these choices, which is the best for overall performance and reliablity. I only cut 5 lawns but have lots of blowing...

Total prices shown including tax/shipping

1) Maruyama BL6900 - $359
    2) Echo 651 - $419
    3) Stihl BR550 - $394
    4) Stihl BR600 - $491 (a little pricey to me)

I can't find any good deals on a Redmax or Shindaiwa (local dealers want $479+ tax meaning well over $500). Anybody know a good website for these so I can avoid paying tax?

Right now, it seems like the Maruyama is the best bang for the buck but I have never used this brand. Anyone used Maruyama? Recommend?

Administrator
    Jim,

I have used Maruyama and it is a decent blower. I did have to replace the diaphram in the carb quite a bit. I think it was a poor design. Don't know if they have changed up the carb. Stihl use to be a lot better in the early to mid 90's, but they are not built like they use to be. I own Redmax and have used others. Redmax is hands, down, absolutely the best blower. Pay the extra money and get the best. It will save you time and money in the future. You should not have to pay tax on Redmax if they ship out of state. Where are you located?

Kevin
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"

Where to get Redmax?

I live in Ohio. I only found 1 Redmax dealer - 30 miles away and he wants $479+ tax. So, it would cost $150 more than the Maruyama. Is it worth the extra $150 to blow a little more air volume for cut grass blades? Now, if we are talking about the Redmax lasting 10 years vs. 5 for the Maruyama, then it makes sense. Any good sites where I can get the Redmax?

alamia

try alamia.com they sell redmax and they are not located in ohio

Administrator
    I wouldn't say it is worth $150 more if you are only going to be blowing grass off the side walks. If you are blowing piles of leaves that is a different story.

Kevin
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"