Thread: Mulching price?

Mulching price?

Just trying to get a good idea on average pricing for mulching in the northeast. What are you all charging per CY installed? Thanks!

Administrator
    In Memphis we charge $40-$50 a yard(including the mulch), depending on where they buy it and if it is hammered or double hammered. How much are you paying per yard.
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"

Thanks for the reply....we are paying between $20 and $25 per cy for triple shredded, about 28-30 for colored.

Administrator
    My cost on the mulch is about $12. So I would say labor only per hour would be $30 -$40.
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"

How big is a cubic yard versus a yard

Could someone explain the cubic yard and how much that covers. I know it is 3X3X3 Does that mean you put mulch 3 ft deep? I am a little confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    A cubic yard is 3ftx3ftx3ft. The cubic yard term is used when purchasing. It is recommended to spread mulch 2 inches deep. So in 1 cubic ft you have 12"x12". If you spread the mulch 2" deep, You will get 6 square feet from 1 cubic ft, Hence 12" divided by 2"= 6. A cubic yard will cover 162 square feet.

Hope that helps..

Kevin

Cjslawnservice

mulching price

What does anyone charge in Nc for the labor of mulch per scoop/cubic yard. I pay around $14-$15 for a scoop/cubic yard.
    Thanks!

Thumbs up

I would charge $55 per cubic yard.

That's purchased, delivered, and installation (spread out in area).
    [b]Perfect Lawn Services[/b]

Thumbs up

I would charge $55.

That includes purchase, delivery, and installation (spread into specified areas).
    [b]Perfect Lawn Services[/b]

Mulching

What if i didn't buy the mulch by the yard and I bought it by the bag ,I understand a bag will cove approx 10 square feet 2 inches deep. How would I price it that way... Would I just get the bags at contractors price and just double it? I never priced any mulching jobs since I just started this. Any help would really be appreciated. or just charge by the hour like 30 a hour since I would be doing this alone and the cost of the bags?