Thread: Stihl Backpack Blower

Thumbs up Stihl Backpack Blower

I purchased a STIHL BR-420 the other day at my local mower shop, and I am 100% IMPRESSED with it! It is MUCH more powerful than any other blower I've handled. Sure there are more...but this is EXACTLY what every LCO should have. I'll be buying another one in a few months as I ABSOLUTELY love it! The total cost for it was: $422.94 (with KY taxes figured in) $399 (without any taxes figured in)

Wink

I've had excelent luck with my old toro backpack which is actually a echo pb400 with a different sticker on it. Its at least 20 years old the guy at the local shop said and it will probably last a lot longer. The br420's are good machines but I'm not fond of all the plastic construction, usually they still run great by the time they are retired but the plastic construction is completly shot. Although the Pb400 is not the most powerful or quiet machine made it is still available as a BP410 and I personally wouldn't consider another machine over it.

Administrator
    The redmax 7001 is a newer blower and once you see the power of it, you won't go back to anything else. I promise.

Most power I have found in a blower. Great for leaves.
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"

Stihl Blowers USED

I bought 2 stihl blowers used from a pawn shop for $300 bucks and they both work great and looks like their brand new BR420s....Try not to pay full price buy used and save your money...They are easy to tune-up and be sure to take off that screen from the muffler. That screen makes them run hot and stop working....A little trick I've learned from the repair man.

Rich

Cool REDMAX BLOWERS

Hey all,

Like Kevin said about the Redmax 7001 blowers, they are really fantastic machine but if you want something even more powerful, try the new REDMAX EBZ 8000 blower.

Its the biggest blower they make and it is truly amazing with the power to weight ratio!!!

For all of you strato charged Redmax fans.. The company will introduce a stratocharged EBZ 7001 sometime in fall of 06.

Something to look forward to!!!!

Joe
    J&R Landscaping

BR420

hey everyone,
    I got to say over the past 3 years of running a Stihl 420 that it is a strong and very dependable blower. I use it on a daily basis and i have never had a single problem with it. It even fell off one of the roofs the other day that i was blowing off and doing some gutter cleanup and it never missed a beat. So to sum things up if you want a blower that will work as hard as you do then the Stihl BR420 is for you.

Baddest Blower

J&R have you seen the new Shindaiwa 8510 it is the newest and baddest blower on the market. It will blow at 224mph i tried it a couple of days ago and that thing is freakin awesome. If you like that redmax is bad then you need to go try the new 8510. Just figured i would tell yall about the newest equipment i have come across.