View Poll Results: Should you include prices on flyers?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%

Thread: Should you include prices on flyers?

Should you include prices on flyers?

Should you include prices on flyers?

No

Administrator
    I feel like it depends on the area you are targeting. If it is zero lot lines it would be okay as there can't be to much surprise since the lawns are so small. As far as the average size yards it would be a mistake to include prices because the customers would try to hold you to it. You never know how many obstacles could be in the backyard to slow you down.

Kevin
    www.GrassToCash.com "Turn High Grass Into Cold Cash- How to Start a Lawn Care Business"

unknown obstacles

for a while, i'd quick walk around a house and leave flyers with a bid on their door. But after a few of those jobs ended up having tricky areas in the back and having "special requests" about different things, my quick walk around ended up costing me now that i'm locked in to a low price.
    DON"T UNDERBID JUST TO GET THE JOB!!! it's much harder to your prices if you got the job because your price was cheapest.

I see both sides of it, therefore I use both options. Prices on the flier will eliminate some of the people who are just shopping around, and also most people will not want to call just to ask how much you charge. If it is there for them to see, then they are more apt to sign when they call, however i think you get fewer calls this way, but they seem to have a better closing rate.

On the other hand, you cant really give a true estimate on a yard before you do a full walk around and really check it out, so you may end up quoting something Also, unless you put what all is included in your price, some people may not know, and think your price is for mowing only. Some people tend to forget about edging, trimming, trash, and cleanup.
    Justin
    [URL=http://www.arkansaslawn.com]www.arkansaslawn.com[/URL]